Thursday, February 7, 2013

"Prophecy girl" Faith Mckay




My Rating: 5 Stars 

 First off I would like to say thanks to the author for having a chance at reading this amazing book. It’s a fairly new book, so I’m surprised I hadn’t heard about it until just the other day. Secondly, this book had an amazing synopsis written for it and usually the synopsis are better then the actual book, but this book was one of those that has a good little summary on it and the book is way better then the summary lets on. Now this book is the first book of a series, normally I stay away from these books, because I like to read one or two books in a series at a time or I find them to be so good that I just don’t want to wait for a second one.

With that being said, I couldn’t devour this book fast enough. When I wasn’t reading this book I was thinking about this book or I was carrying it around with me. I simply just could not put it down.

Sam is one of those main characters that more books should have, she is strong and confident, and a little emotional. She wasn’t handed an easy life, her mother abuses her and even when asked about it, she just says she’s fine. She is forced to move all the time, and is never really able to develop relationships. They move to the Lacuna valley, and everything seems so normal, until her sister prays for it to rain and it actually does rain, then the secrets unfold from there. Sam is someone you can relate to, someone you can look up to, she stays strong through everything, manages to find some sort of happiness through the pain. She manages to find herself and stand up for herself.

Sam meets a boy on her first day of school, his name is Nick, and like every story, he is the smoky bad boy, and he also completes the story. I really fell in love with him, he was a little nosy, and he did things to drive a sort of wedge in between him and Sam, or maybe it was Sam that was just a little to over the top but he is very important nonetheless. 

Sam makes new friends and starts to build relationships and learn the secrets of the valley. She struggles with her relationship with their mother, does what ever she can to protect her sister from the things she can’t control. This book literally has it all, the mystery, the boy meets girl love stories and a brand new view on the supernatural elements that seem to be crossing so many books these days.  Going back, I really do not regret picking this one up, even though it has that dreaded #1 in the title, now I just need to patiently wait for a news about another book.

This is hands down one of my new favorite books, and I cannot wait to get my hands on another one of faith’s books.  This is on my definitely need to read list. So just don’t hesitate and just pick this one up and read. 


Buy At Amazon or Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment